Former PM Hun Sen Visits Thaksin in Thailand, Recalls Longstanding Friendship | PM Calls for Improved Human Resources to Attract Investment | APSARA National Authority Undertakes Restoration of Eastern Mebon Temple's East Gate | Over 500 International Tourists Arrive in Cambodia via Sihanoukville Seaport |

Fire at Royal Residence in Siem Reap Caused by Electrical Fault

SIEM REAP: A fire broke out at the Royal Residence in Siem Reap around 10 pm on Sunday night, 12 March 2023, caused by an electrical fault in the building. This was confirmed by the Ministry of the Royal Palace on Monday morning, 13 March.

The Ministry of the Royal Palace stated, "Please let the public be informed that on the night of 12 March 2023, at 10:05 pm, a fire broke out in the small building of the Royal Residence of Siem Reap, caused by an electrical transmission short circuit."

The Ministry of the Royal Palace has expressed its deep regret over the fire incident.

The King of Cambodia is set to preside over the SEA Games Torch Lighting ceremony at Angkor Wat on 21 March 2023, the same day as the Spring Equinox when the sun will rise directly over the central peak of the Angkor Wat temples. The King had planned to stay at the Royal Residence in Siem Reap, however, now may not be able to due to the damaged caused by the fire.



Related News