PHNOM PENH: The Secretary of State and Spokesperson of the Ministry of Health, Dr. Or Vandine, has said that the Nigerian man found positive for Monkeypox has still not recovered from the disease, and is continuing his hospitalization.
As of 10 PM on Monday, 1 August, the patient, identified as 27-year-old Osmond Chihazirim from Nigeria, has still yet to test negative for Monkeypox, according to Dr. Or Vandine.
Additionally, she said that all five people who had been in direct contact with him were still asymptomatic but continue to be quarantined at their homes with regular follow-ups.
Osmond Chihazirim first tested positive for Monkeypox in Thailand, where he fled from a medical treatment facility and came to Cambodia on 22 July. Cambodian authorities located him in Phnom Penh one day after on 23 July, and he was immediately transported to the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital for treatment.