Ministry of Justice Strives to Eradicate the "Hit, Die, Pay and Escape" Mindset in Traffic Accidents | 1.5 Million People Program: Poor Families Benefit from Royal Government's Vocational Training with Skills and Allowances | BREAKING: Former President Donald Trump Rushed Off Stage During Pennsylvania Rally | UPDATE: Shooting at Trump Rally in Butler, Pennsylvania: Former President Trump Injured | UPDATE: President Biden Responds to Shooting at Trump Rally | Breaking News: Donald Trump Issues Statement on Butler, PA Shooting |

NEC is Monitoring and Ready to Respond to Those Who Want to Ruin the Election

PHNOM PENH: The National Election Committee (NEC) has said that there are groups of people who plan to disrupt the election, with other plans to disrupt the process after the election. The NEC has stated that it will continue to monitor and respond to this plan until the results are officially announced.

In a press conference to summarize the general events of the 5th Commune / District Council Election 2022 on Sunday evening, 5 June 2022, NEC Chairman, Prach Chan, said that before the election, there was a leak about the plan of aggression, which led the Permanent Security Command of the Election and the National Election Committee to issue guidelines on strengthening security for election events to manage the situation and ensure a smooth election will be conducted with security and safety.

He added to a question posed by EAC News during the press conference that the plan was intended to disrupt the election, such as mobilizing forces to destabilize polling stations or elsewhere, to cause the election to fail. However, the NEC knew about this potential threat beforehand and responded in time.

He continued, "Another thing around the announcement of the election results, they are ready to create conditions that if the results are not up to satisfaction, then they declare the election is incorrect. However, regarding the plan to block the election so far, I think the election is now over, so we will know how the plan is done."

On 2 June, NEC Chairman Prach Chan and the Chairman of the Permanent Security Command, DPM Sar Kheng, issued a statement instructing all political parties during the election campaign not to mobilize supporters from provinces or capitals to cause insecurity and disrupt social order during the campaign period and the election.

The letter states, "in order to ensure the smooth process of the 5th Mandate Commune/District Council Election in 2022, in a calm environment of security, public order, safety, no violence, and no threats, the NEC and the Permanent Security Command for Elections require political parties and/or candidates not to mobilize forces from any capital or province to cause insecurity or disrupt social order in order to destroy the election campaign and the election."

In addition, political parties and/or candidates and citizens must be involved in safeguarding the environment of security for the election campaign and the election without any action contrary to the principles of the election law, or the regulations and procedures of the election, the ethics for political parties, and candidates in the election process, as well as other relevant legal documents in force.



Related News